AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disappearing cross hairs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
crusty-rusty
462 Views, 4 Replies

disappearing cross hairs

hi, i suspect that my problem is probably a graphics card related one but i thought i'd ask the question just encase someone can assist,

every so often while working in LT-2010 the cross hairs will vanish from the screen but you are still able to pick items (as u move the mouse lines, etc hi-light in the usual way)

also when you come outside the drawing area the mouse pointer will reappear (only while outside the drawing, in the command bars, etc)

the only quick way to return the cross hair to normal is to hit another tab & then re-enter the tab or model i was in. there seems to be no particular command that causes this glitch

- anyone got any suggestions pleas ( apart from nag my boss for a new p.c.)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: crusty-rusty

No suggestion. Just confirmation. In our classes students have reported
the same problems from time to time. For us, in paper space viewports with
white background.

wrote in message news:6281168@discussion.autodesk.com...
hi, i suspect that my problem is probably a graphics card related one but i
thought i'd ask the question just encase someone can assist,

every so often while working in LT-2010 the cross hairs will vanish from the
screen but you are still able to pick items (as u move the mouse lines, etc
hi-light in the usual way)

also when you come outside the drawing area the mouse pointer will reappear
(only while outside the drawing, in the command bars, etc)

the only quick way to return the cross hair to normal is to hit another tab
& then re-enter the tab or model i was in. there seems to be no particular
command that causes this glitch

- anyone got any suggestions pleas ( apart from nag my boss for a new p.c.)
Message 3 of 5
daugustine

I had the same problem here, try changing the crosshair colors to something other
than white, that seemed to clear up the problem... We have it happen to the lower
end computers in our office, all the way up to my workstation which is a $7000 Boxx, with
a 4800 Quadro FX Graphics card and 12 gigs of ram.....

Darin
SJCF Architecture
Message 4 of 5
drawdesign4u

I have had the disappearing cross hairs for a few weeks. After trial and error, of testing different solutions that did not work, I may have discovered a solution, it seems to have been working for a few days, problem free. I reset the profile to the default. After reset of the profile, the cross hairs so far have been visible every time. Hopefully this works. The only down side to reseting the profile is that I had to re-adjust my drafting settings, and modify my file paths all over again, as if I had just reinstalled the program.

Message 5 of 5
jliston
in reply to: drawdesign4u

Try turning off the view cube. Has your system been running slow on MS/PS  chnages? Does changing to a 3D vpoint take a really long time even on a small model? I had these issues until I turned off the viewcube abd went back to using toolbars to change view. Just a thought. I am trying to narrow this issue down also.

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost