AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Text not matching

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MLongsS5
442 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension Text not matching

I am having an issue where the thickness of my text isn't matching between my dimensions.  Please see the attached image. If I select both of them all of the properties match.  I have had this issue with stand alone text and I was able to resolve it by changing the "Z position" but that isn't possible with the dimensions.  I know it is a minor difference but when I print it is quite obvious that random dimensions appear to have a different text style.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: MLongsS5

Well, since dimensions don't have a 'Z' property to modify, you will have to move the dimension. Use the node snap to grab the dimension insertion point. Or recreate the dimension with OSNAPZ turned off (Set to 1). There is also a toggle button located bottom right in the status bar.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 4
pendean

PROPERTIES may be rounding, so a small fraction is not displayed properly. Common best practice would have you highlight and actually enter the property setting you want to confirm "what you want is what you are getting".

FLATTEN command should fix it too BTW, what it's there for.
Message 4 of 4
MLongsS5

Neither of those worked.  Anyone have any other ideas?  I have created a file to specifically work on this problem (this isn't the first time this has happened) and I can post it if you want me to.  In the past I have had to go around a set of drawings an recreate multiple dimensions since I hadn't noticed the issue until I printed a check set.  I was just looking for a quicker fix than that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost