AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different viewports = Structural Members look different?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hause006
397 Views, 1 Reply

Different viewports = Structural Members look different?

I have 2 viewports open, one from top, one from southwest.  I am able to see the entire structure from the southwest viewport, but no beams show at all in the top viewport.  Please help!

I would like the beams to look the same in all viewports.  How do I accomplish this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
aghis_no
in reply to: hause006

You get inside the "southwest viewport" and select one of the beams.

With the beam selected, you "left click" once on the top viewport on an empty area in order to keep the beam selected and change only the current viewport.

Then, you "right click" and choose "edit beam style".

In the "beam style window" you select "display properties". At this point you will see a list with all the available "display representations" for the beam objects. One of the "plan representations" will probably be in bold because it is the representation used in the "top viewport" in the current "display configuration". You select the "bolded plan configuration" and... you click on the button on the right to edit the display of the beam elements in order to configure the way you want them to be seen in plan.

If, later on you change the "display configuration" (the button on the bottom border of the drawing area) from "medium detail" to "high detail" or to "low detail", you have to do the same procedure to change the "beam representation" in plan view.

...Of course it is better to have preconfigured all the representation of the aec objects in advance (template file)...

regards

aghis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost