AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail tag error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
richld
276 Views, 3 Replies

Detail tag error

I'm modifing the standard detail tag block

located 

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2013\enu\Styles\Imperial\Callouts (Imperial).DWG

1'st off I know you really should not have to modify it but we are.

When I do anything with this file even just saving it then try inserting the Detail boundry (circle)

I pick the location then get the circle to the size I want, then hit enter to put the tag in and I get an box coming up:

"NO SYMBOL DEFINED"

Again this was just hiting save on the Callouts (Imperial).DWG file not even changing the block yet??

any ideas other then leave the block alone.

Thanks Rich

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: richld

All you did was save the source file?  You did not rename the file or rename the symbol?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
richld
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Yep I created a back up and then opened it in AA2013 then hit qsave then created a new drawing tried intesrting the detail callout and then get the error.

Rich

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: richld

I was not able to replicate this in ACA 2010.

To be absolutely clear, what I did was:

1.  Copied C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2010\enu\Styles\Imperial\Callouts (Imperial).dwg to a different folder, as a backup.

2.  Opened C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2010\enu\Styles\Imperial\Callouts (Imperial).dwg in ACA 2010.  Saved the file and closed it.

3.  In a new drawing file, used the out-of-the-box Detail Boundary A tool (Document Tool Palette Group, Callouts Palette), which references the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2010\enu\Styles\Imperial\Callouts (Imperial).dwg file as the source file, and which specified the Anno_Detail_A2 tag in the Tag name property.

I had no problem placing the callout, including the tag.

The error message you mentioned, "NO SYMBOL DEFINED", is something I would expect to get if the Tag name specified by the Tool Palette tool did not exist in the target file or in the source file.  If you did not change the name of or purge any blocks in the source file, did you make any changes to the Tool Palette tool?

Longshot here - do you have a customization running that purges files every time you save?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost