AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Centre Blocks Palettes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
craig
633 Views, 4 Replies

Design Centre Blocks Palettes

After 20 years of using Autocad thought it time to get serious about putting all my symbols\blocks on palettes. Went to design centre, selected a folder and right clicked to get "Create Tool Palette of Blocks". Creates a black palettes but no block tools ???

All symbols\blocks are individual files. I'm using ACA 2014.

Am I missing something or is this any quirk ???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: craig

Several possibililities:

1)No write permission to folder where palettes are stored.

2)Memory issues.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: craig

You are using ARCHITECTURE and not AUTOCAD, correct? Which profile are you running when this fails?
Message 4 of 5
craig
in reply to: pendean

The message does not contain any threats
AVG for MS Exchange Server (2012.0.2242 - 3222/6168)
Message 5 of 5
craig
in reply to: pendean

Using Architecture.

using a custom profile and I have the Pallete Path set to a folder outside my roaming profile. This path is set ABOVE all others so it still finds the stand OTB and then adds any new ones to the new path - supposed to anyway. Won't add palettes using this.

When I set the OTB path to the top, it works fine but puts my cutom pallete in with the mix and it's impossible to to move to a safe path away from the OTB path which will be lost when I upgrade to 2015 🙂

I am an administrator account and have set the security permissions to WRITE on the folder.

NOW I'M STUMPED ????? Help as I am am developing my office standards on a laptop and trying to copy them to the office by using just a seperate folder and It's driving my batty

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost