AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default profile

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tedwardspg
1041 Views, 4 Replies

default profile

This is probably a stupid question but I have to ask it anyway.

Where are the default profile arg's located at on the c: drive.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MarySeufert
in reply to: tedwardspg

No default ARG file exists. An ARG is a text file record that can be made by the user of their customized profile (everything you can change in Options). You should export one when you have your settings as you like them. Or use a company ARG file for deployments.

To get AutoCAD back to its default 'profile', use the Reset Settings to Default function available from Start menu->Autodesk->*AutoCAD flavor*.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 5
jcrum
in reply to: MarySeufert

I was gonna start a new thread and saw this question which kind of pertains to mine; or more of a follow up question -

what if you setup a custom profile and want it to be default when you start AutoCAD, but everytime you run AutoCAD it returns to the previous default profile. It doesn't appear to save that setting after you close the program, even if you open and close the same DWG file. All previous versions of AutoCAD have worked this way.

Message 4 of 5
tedwardspg
in reply to: jcrum

If you import the companies profile but rename it to the same name as the default profile you should always be good, technically.

When you set up your deployment image, name the default profile the same as the companies profile and the add the /p "\\server\location\profile_name.arg to the target location of the icon. There are times that for whatever reason the user comes off that profile. That is why I wanted the routine so I would be able to just tell them to type the command "profile" or whatever and the profile would be reset to the one i wanted them on.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 5 of 5
MarySeufert
in reply to: jcrum

As stated above you can add the profile switch to deployments. On existing installations you should either create or modify your existing desktop shortcut with the profile switch. Below is an example of how to start AutoCAD Architecture 2012 as Vanilla AutoCAD. You would change the highlighted portion to the custom profile name that you have created. 

ACA Shortcut Properties.png

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost