AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Door Widths

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
904 Views, 6 Replies

Default Door Widths

Hi

I am using autocad architecture 2010.  I am inserting a door which I have created myself.  The default door width is set to be measured to the inside of the door frame therefore I have to add on the with of the frame when inserting.  

I know if I select the door and go to the door properties I can change it manually to measure to the outside of the frame.  However is it possible to set the default setting to measure to the outside of the frame while inserting the door.  It take too much time to change doors manually.

When inserting a window the default is to the outside of the frame so why not the door?

Thanks Guys

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadtastrophe
in reply to: Anonymous

Sure you can.  Simply change the properties in the library file (where your door definition resides) to measure to outside of frame.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my query.  By library do you mean where i created my door styles.  I have search through all the settings & design rules and there does not seem to be anywhere were i can change this setting.

Message 4 of 7
David_W_Koch

Not in front of ACA right now, but I believe that setting is profile-dependent and would need to be changed in the Options dialog, on one of the AEC tabs.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
John.W.Mumaw

Actually it's in the properties dialog under dimensions.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

got it sorted. thanks for your reply. If you right click on top of the door style in the palette and select properties you can change it there.
Message 7 of 7
cadtastrophe

Glad you got it.  We have both in our library.  Set it and forget it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost