AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
gstruthers
1857 Views, 6 Replies

ddinsert

when I type in ddinsert (autocad 2014) the dialog box appears as normal, however when I click on browse to select a block or file there is a "ding" noise and the dialog box does nothing further. if I try to insert from the pull down menu, I get the same result. any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: gstruthers

FYI, the command name is INSERT: there is no "ddinsert", that's just a leftover shortcut defined in your PGP file.

The 'ding' is an alert that means you have something else running or going on in AutoCAD: what is your commandline reporting, if anything? How is the AutoCAd program window behaving? does it look like another program is active?
Windows OS?
Message 3 of 7
gstruthers
in reply to: pendean

the command line is blank, the autocad program window is normal, the OS is Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
pendean

I can't replicate it here: does this happen in ALL files or just the one you are in now? Does it happen in a new file?
Message 5 of 7
gstruthers

All files.

--
*Gary Struthers*, AIA

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Which library of blocks are you tapping in the popup? Can you insert those same blocks using ADCENTER command?
Message 7 of 7
gstruthers

The standard library that comes with autocad, and yes it appears that adcenter does indeed work, which gives me a workaround. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost