AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1334 Views, 4 Replies

cut plane

Is it possible to change a cut plan for one or two windows.  Their sills are just above my cut plane (3'-6") I would like them to appear like other windows in plan view as opposed to a transom type window.

I tried the autocad help, but it doesn't quite lead me where I want to go. 

ACAD Architecture 2011

win7 64b

Thanks,

JM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KathyMoffa
in reply to: Anonymous

You can add a display override at the object level and for each display representation you wish to override by selecting the window you want to change, right click and select Edit Object Display.    You have to do this one window at a time, which shouldn't be a problem since you only want to change one or two windows.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you, but I still haven't solved it. 

I clicked on the window, right-click and select 'edit object display' .  I have manipulated the various options and don't see any changes.  At the display properties tab, should I select 'sill plan' or 'plan' or 'nominal'?   Then what.  I have been looking at help but....well it leaves a little to be desired.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
KathyMoffa

Select your window, edit object display, select the Display Properties tab, then check the box next to Plan.  The box will be unchecked if no overrides have been applied to the window already.    On the Display component, the frame, sash and glass above cut plane will be turned off.  Simply click the light bulb to turn them on, click ok twice to get back to your drawing, and change to a plan/top view.  You should now see the window.  You do have to repeat the process for however many of the display representations you are ultimately going to need.   

I think one or both of Paul Aubin's Mastering AutoCAD Architecture and William Wyatt's Accessing AutoCAD Architecture are essential to learning this product.  It just can't be done via help, especially the 2011  help.

Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch

You may find the contents of one or more of these blog posts of interest.  Neither directly addresses your issue, but both cover the display of openings (Doors, Windows, Openings, etc) in Walls, and may provide the insight needed to get your cut plane issue resolved.

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2010/12/aca-wall-display-settings-at-openings.html

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2010/12/displaying-windows-above-cut-plane-in.html

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost