AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut & Paste Dynamic Block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jeffmoran
439 Views, 5 Replies

Cut & Paste Dynamic Block

I posted this a few weeks and haven't got much of a response so I'll try again.

Why doesn't a dynamic block hold its parameters when cutting & pasting? I cant' copy dynamic blocks from one file to another.

When I create dynamic block and use them then try to copy paste into another file and see them all screwed up makes using dynamic block unreliable & useless.

I have also attached the file.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffmoran

Ask in the correct spot for the topic/issue:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=154

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 6
jeffmoran

Even though dynamic blocks are also in vanilla AutoCAD I use them in AutoCAD Architecture, so why wouldn't it be relevant for both?

Anyways, I didn't have any luck in the other discussion group.
Message 4 of 6

Dynamic Blocks are relevant to AutoCAD Architecture users! It's easy to be treated like a doofus on this board just because some people want to appear helpful without doing much.

I actually took the time to download your sample and have to say I found it quite unusual in that it wasn't comprised as a single all encompassing dynamic block but rather a collection of little ones. It might work better as a single dynamic block with all those options inside it and then you could just insert it. However, that really shouldn't have any bearing on your specific problem and question.

I tested copying and pasting in both Metric and Imperial files and could not recreate the erroneous sample you provided but when I looked at how you created the Dynamic Blocks, I did notice that they were set to "Inches" in a Millimeter drawing file. Perhaps this is what's causing your default dimensions to change when you paste the Dynamic Blocks into another file. When you Edit your Dynamic Blocks, look at the Properties Palette for the Units setting.

I hope this solves your problem.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Not sure why they bury Lisp, VBA plotting and Dynblocks under AutoCAD
either, but they are not exclusive to plain AutoCAD either. Let's not all
get naive all of a sudden.

My point was simple, not worth reading any more into it: those other groups
are focused on their topics, that's all. You said you got no replies here,
so I was trying to help. If you got nothing there either after posting, I
would suggest you just be persistent (and perhaps take some advise from the
other person posting here today for you).

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 6 of 6
jeffmoran

Thanks for your reply. At this point I won't continue the topic here and try to discuss it in dynamic block discussions.

Sorry for the distraction!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost