AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Windows

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
597 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Windows

Good morning my fellow AutoCad users.  I am currently tutoring someone and was recently asked a question that stumped me.  With nowhere else to turn I ask you all the same question.

I am creating a very custom window mullions.  When I place them in the wall and look at them in elevation, I do not see the mullions.  All that is visible is the frame and glass, and when I look back at in in plan view, al lthe mullions are there.  Is there something that I am missing here?

Does anybody know how to help fix this problem?

Thank you for your help.

-Thomas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to check the display of the window object.

The mullions are probaby "off"

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

Where do you find these settings?  I'm not used to making custom windows and seem to be having some trouble locating this option. 

Thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 4
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Right-click the window and from the sun-menu select "edit window style" or "edit object display".

(these options are available from the ribbon as well whilst the window has been selected)

If you chose "edit window style", on the "display properties tab" you will find all the display representations listed for the window style. You can change each of the display representations individually. The display reprsentation that is set current in your drawing is listed in bold. Double click on the display rep. that is in bold and a dialog box will open that lists all the componets of the window style and all the settings for visibility, color, plot style etc. etc.

Check to see if the window mullions have the light bulb off....e.g. not visible.

Check out all the other options as well.

Any changes you make will affect ALL the windows of that particular style in your drawing.

If you want to make any display changes to one particular window only without changing ALL the windows of that particular style, right-click the window and select "edit object display". You will again have all the options for changing the display available. Any changes you make will only that particular window only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost