AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom door jamb

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nextvkin
929 Views, 5 Replies

Custom door jamb

Hi,

I want to have a door with a custom-made profile for the jambs & head, but have no idea how to do it or even where to start - I've looked in door styles, created my new door style, but can't figure out how to use the profile that I want. Thanks in advance for any advice.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
leothebuilder
in reply to: nextvkin

You have to create custom blocks for the door jamb, just 2d polyines.

Edit the door style properties and for each display setting, override the display properties and on the "Other" tab add the custom block and set it at the correct intertion point for the left and right jamb.

Sounds easy, but it takes a bit of time to have looking correctly

Message 3 of 6
nextvkin
in reply to: leothebuilder

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction, Leo. 

Message 4 of 6
lie_angelzz
in reply to: leothebuilder

Hi, I've been following the steps to make custom door jamb, and it works.

But the door jamb can't 'cut' through walls.

I changed the default door frame to 0 (see attached) so the frame not doubled with my custom door jamb, causing the door only 'cut' equal to door size.

Any solution?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: lie_angelzz

I am not clear on what you want to do.  If you do not want to see the Door Frame component, but still want to Wall to stop short of the clear Door opening, then do not set the frame width to 0".  Leave the width at the effective width of your frame; turn off the Frame Display Component in the Display Representation(s) that you add the custom block.

The you can get something similar to this:

2022-01-29_ACA2022_CustomDoorFrameInPlanView.pngThe drawing file from which that image was taken, created in AutoCAD Architecture 2022 from the Aec Model (Imperial Stb).dwt template, is attached.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6
lie_angelzz
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for the reply! Turning off the frame display component is what I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost