AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall Error in Elevations

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
176 Views, 5 Replies

Curtain Wall Error in Elevations

AutoCAD Architecture 2008 SP1

We have curtain walls in a project which don't show all of their mullions when an elevation is generated. Our re-seller has looked at it and we thought that copying and pasting everything into a fresh drawing had solved the problem but POOF the gremlin has reared its ugly head again. When we generate the elevation some of the mullions show

(E.G. the vertical ones show and some of the horizontal ones or maybe the horizontal ones go part way across the curtain wall but not all the way. If they stop part way across you can see the breaks in the vertical ones but not the rest of the horizontal.)

We have audited and pasted into a new 2008 draiwng which used a 2008 template. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is a major bug in an elevation if it is not correctly representing the model.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bt-arch
in reply to: Anonymous

Elevtions seem really prone to just make lots of mistakes. When they get confused, they just leave things out. It seems like they don't handle overlapping or intersecting objects too well, but I have never really figured out the secret. You can be working on an elevation or section and all of a sudden the thing just breaks and half of the lines will be missing.

If you remove the curtain and elevate it all by itself, do you still have problems?

Would you post the file so we could take a look at?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I have posted two files in the Customer Files (Attachments) group. The subject on each is "Curtain Wall Error in Elevation Post #"

Thanks for looking at this. It is really bugging the architect working on the project and I have tried everything I can think of to resolve it.
Message 4 of 6
bt-arch

I opened you drawings and re-reffed the plan (named as shell, but unchanged from your original) into the section view. I generated 2 elevations and they came out fine, see attached. Perhaps they will break over time, as they sometimes do. But seems OK to me.

Maybe the PC where the ADT resides that is generating the elevations needs a re-install. We seem to need to re-install from time to time - the application just seems to go stale and/or get corrupted.

Keep going.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Yes we are seeing them "break over time". We had them fixed in a new view drawing made from a new 2008 template but after several changes to the exterior walls and re-gens of the elevations the problem cropped back up. I will try a repair or re-install and see if it helps.
Message 6 of 6
ferric_slayer

I'm having the same problem with window assemblies (horizontal linework missing). Have either of you come up with a solution yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost