AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current layer problem - autocad 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joemanderson01
222 Views, 2 Replies

Current layer problem - autocad 2013

Hello All,

In using AutoCAD 2015. My issue is that when I make a template and save it my layer Properties don't come across in the new drawing. In other words, I input all of the items that I want in my template like layers, ( Layer color, line type etc. But when I open my template there are no layers other than layer 0 white. I've tried this several times and still I get no layer properties that I originally input when I made the template, as a matter of fact, nothing comes in other than the accusal drawing. What have I missed. Thank You for any help or suggestions.

Joe Manderson

joemanderson01@gmail.com

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello,

you wrote "Current layer problem - autocad 2013" in the topic and AutoCAD 2015 in the text.

- You save in DWG-2013-Format in AutoCAD 2015?

- You save as DWT-File?

What happens when you save as DWG and reopen the file?

Best Regards

Willi Nelkel

www.schulungshandbuch.de
CAD-Technik Nelkel GmbH
Message 3 of 3

When you create a new drawing, are you specifically choosing the template file you created (NEW command), or are you using the default template specified in the Options dialog for the QNEW command?

If the latter, open the Options dialog and set the Files tab (leftmost tab) current.  Expand the Template Settings node, and the Default Template File Name for QNEW under that.  Does the listed path\file name point to the template file you created?  If not, and you want your template to be the default, select the path\file name and then select the Browse button.  Navigate to the location of your template file, select it and choose Open.  Select OK to dismiss the Options dialog and ratify your change.  (You may want to re-open the Options dialog, select the Profile tab and Export the current profile to an external ARG file and back that file up, so that you can restore it later, if needed.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost