AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUI error loading on 64bit Vista HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
516 Views, 3 Replies

CUI error loading on 64bit Vista HELP!

I am attempting to install ACA 2009 on a clean install of Vista 64 bit. I ran all the service packs prior to installing ACA.

I have contacted tec support on ACAD Subscription and so far they have not helped. I am hoping that someone else ran across this strange problem out there.

I have done all the standard steps to attempt to load autocad as clean as possible such as turning off all other items at start up, reinstalling with a clean registry of all autocad products, turning off all applications, virus software, and running services. I even went so far as to remove and reinstall 4.0.net framework downloaded the latest version of ACA 2009 64bit from ACAD.

The problem is I start a fresh install of ACA and the command line says "error with cui file". It will appear to load and work with the default CUI on the first run (tool bars and menus are on the screen and working), even though the error appears in the command line. If I close the program and go back in, the same error appears in the command line but no CUI files load. I can type the command CUI and it says "unknown file type". I can attempt to load any .CUI file and will then crash Cad.

I had ACA 2009 64 bit running prior to a computer crash (some Vista Update would not let me start Vista again). I am assuming there is some Vista User rights or Cad setting I am missing.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Restart you PC. Log in as full Admin in Windows. Install. Do NOT migrate or use a previous AutoCAD profile. Do not install SPs until you have run ACA2009 at least once successfully.

.NET 4.0 is pointless for AutoCAD/ACA.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

There is only one user in the login. Do I need to remove that user and login as a default administrator? The single user has administrator rights but is not specifically the default administrator account.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Administrator Account always works here, anything else seems to be a crap-shoot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost