AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating wall styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
6877 Views, 4 Replies

Creating wall styles

I am a novice with ADT, working for a company that uses a software in conjunction with ADT, I have not had any official training.  I am trying to create new wall styles using material (stucco) that is not existing already in the wall styles in ADT 2010.  Can anyone direct me to a link that will show me how to do this?  Is there a web site out there that shares styles, like the web site that I found that shares blocks free?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't provide you with any links as all the useful sites are blocked here at work since 90% of them appear to be Blogs.  I just wanted to recommend getting one of Paul Aubin's books for the version your company is using and running through it ASAP.  If they're not going to train you at all, it's at least a good start.

Message 3 of 5
ntellery

As you are a novice I would beware of not having some training of some sort.

I'm self trained so I am contradicting my own position but I did find Paul Aubin's book (ADT2005) very helpful in getting started.  The OOTB tutorials are also very useful and of course the blogs! 🙂

For the Stucco, I am sure if you look in the styles included in the install you should find what you need.

Type OPEN and look down the left for Content and then Styles for wall styles (might be in a folder imperial or metric etc.

You might even have a special walls styles pallete open no? (Control+3)

You can also open the Browser (Control+4) and drag and drop particular wall styles into your drawing.  They come from the file I just mentioned.  You can drop these palletes into your drawing to load the extra content available as a pallete

HTH's

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 4 of 5
adrafter1

To create your own wall style...go to:

• Manage
  • Style Manager
  • Open the + at Architectural Objects
  • Scroll down to Wall Styles
  • Right click on any wall style
  • Copy
  • Paste into that area
  • Right click on the copy
  • Rename ie Stucco wall
  • Click the Components Tab
  • On the Left pane - hover over wall & right click PAN
  • Pan your wall close to view as you work
  •  On the right pane is where you create your wall
  • You enter each feature of your wall in order ie GWB, Stud, Sheathing, Air Space etc
  • The Priorties are important: Concrete=200; CMU=300; Pre-Set Panels=400; Stud=500; Insulation=600; Air Gap=700;           Brick=800; Siding=900; Metal Panel=1000; Stucco=1100; GWB=1200; Glass=1300
  • Enter to exact width of each feature
  • The edge offset is tricky until you get the hang of it...then it is easy. Basically, you are offsetting from the red line you see on the left. The easiest way to begin is to start from that line, which is 0. so your first feature should read O in the Edge Offset column. IE
  • GWB Width is 5/8" Edge Offset is O
  • Stud is 3 5/8" Edge Offset is 5/8" - total of preceding item
  • Sheathing is 1/2" Edge Offset is 4.25 - total of preceding item
  • Air Gap is 3 7/8" Edge Offset is 4.75 - total of preceding items
  • Brick is 3 5/8" Edge Offset is 8.625 - total of preceding items
Once you get this concept down, you can easily adjust where you begin. You may prefer your Edge Offset to be between the stud & sheathing. One side of the red line is + and the other side is -.
Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Mike.Lamka
in reply to: adrafter1

I agree with the other two.  I also used Pual Aubin's ADT 2005 book.  Go thru it twice and you're good to go.  Because of that book i've been the frontrunner on desktop everywhere i've worked.  It might also be a good idea to get a copy of autocad at home to tinker with to get more fluid with desktop.

As for your question, you can download a picture of stucco and apply it through a material or use a textured material and set it to the color you want.  Just mess around with the materials for a little bit and you'll get the hang of them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost