AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Schedule Tags

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
SMILES
474 Views, 1 Reply

Creating Schedule Tags

Hello,

I am having trouble creating custom schedule tags.  I have followed the tutorial "to create a schedule tag", but it does not work for me.  First off it is not annotative, I created it in 1 to 1 scale and checked the plotting scale to ensure it is 1 to 1.

Also, it creates the block, and I get it into the tool pallet, but when selected, it just inserts a block.  I am trying to create a door tag, so when I select it from the tool pallet, it does not ask me to select a door to tag, just inserts the block.

So, I do not see where to make the block annotative, and how do you make reference an object in the drawing.  A good tutorial would be helpful, though I have tried several, I am obviously missing something.

The tag I want to create is very simple, I want to modify the OTTB Door Tag - Project Based, to remove the suffix and center the door number.

Any Help would be appreciated!

Thank you SMiles

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SMILES
in reply to: SMILES

Hey ACAD Guru's,

Problem solved, I figured it out.   I made a copy of the tool in the tool pallet, and changed its name.  I isolated the OTTB tag in a new drawing.  Exploded it twice and did an in place edit to change the attribute definitions.  Saved the changes then renamed the block so as to not affect existing OTTB tags.  Went to style manager and renamed the multi-view block definition.  This allowed me to drag it into my Master imperial dwg. where all the tags are stored.  Then drug it to my tool pallet and worked.  Just wanted to let everyone know in case you were wondering.

thanks,

SMiles

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost