AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Light

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
314 Views, 2 Replies

Creating Light

I am a Senior in high school taking an architectural drafting class working with Autocad architecture 2014 and i have no idea how lighting works, i place lights but see no light, what do i have to do to get the light sources i place to actually show their light? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

Play around with your Visual Style Controls (Default is 2D Wirframe which will not show lights by default). Try out the Realistic setting. You can find the controls on the View Tab of the ribbon or at the top left of the drawing window (Note using 2012, but I'm pretty sure 2014 hasn't changed that much).

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 3
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tyler,

There was a great class at Autodesk University about realistic rendering in AutoCAD (the concepts apply to Architecture as well). The class materials are now publicly available, and you might find them helpful to get you started.

You can find the class description and materials here: Photorealistic Rendering Techniques in AutoCAD

Feel free to post any more questions here, and maybe a sample file, and we'll do our best to help. Good luck with your project!

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost