AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Night Club

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jesse James
292 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a Night Club

My intention is to hire some one or a team to create some basic models of a night club I am planning on building.
The details aren't in stone yet, and i am open to any software use.
I am a college student with little funds, so this isnt going to be a huge project.
If I get enough designed, my dream is to actually go from 3D model, to reality, and possibly continue on to the 4th demention (god willing... if he's even still out there).
If anyone is interested, reply and check back for more details.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jesse James

methinks prospects are going to be worried about getting paid for their
work!
1. You're a student!
2. You're a poor student!
3. You're a dreamer ! ( that can be good if you're not poor)
4. You're not sure if God is on your side or if He even exists.
You may need to provide an extra incentive!

wrote in message news:5790359@discussion.autodesk.com...
My intention is to hire some one or a team to create some basic models of a
night club I am planning on building.
The details aren't in stone yet, and i am open to any software use.
I am a college student with little funds, so this isnt going to be a huge
project.
If I get enough designed, my dream is to actually go from 3D model, to
reality, and possibly continue on to the 4th demention (god willing... if
he's even still out there).
If anyone is interested, reply and check back for more details.
Message 3 of 5
TerryThomas

You need to talk to Rob Starz who did formerly frequent these forums.
You will need to do a LOT of basic research yourself. You need to find a suitable site which would be a new build or else find an existing building that could be adapted. You will need to study local laws regarding fire, people capacity, opening time restrictions, potential clientele, etc.
You will also have to examine your own desire to achieve this dream. Why are you so determined to build a nightclub? What can you bring to the project that is unique? You need answers to these questions and more before you approach a backer. When you have reached that stage then you need to approach someone like Nathan to model and visualise your intentions. He seemed to give a lighthearted response to your request but that is because he knows just how much is involved.
I know a young fellow who has pursued his personal dream for the last seven or eight years and still has not got very far but I admire his tenacity very much and have replied as I think you may fit the same mould. The visualisation is the icing on the cake. If you can personally afford to hire someone like Nathan you can develop the dream part immediately otherwise you will have to cover all aspects and then enter the lion`s den and convince entrepreneurs that you have a viable proposition.

Good Luck

TerryT
Message 4 of 5
Jesse James

very cool advice both of you, much more adult than the guys at solid works haha
i will work from there
Message 5 of 5
rhino rules

"...my dream is to actually... possibly continue on to the 4th demention...[sic]"

JJ, you may be closer to your dream than you think.

BTW, you didn't ask a single question, so I am not sure I can help. I am originally from Detroit, the home of techno and all that other stuff. I used to organize and run Huge, illegal, underground parties (later, trendily called "raves") and other such nightclub type stuff that made tons of money.

I didn't make any 3d models. I rented warehouse spaces and filled them with a huge wall of rented speakers. There were sometimes lights and maybe some camo nets.

So, my advice to you is to not start with a dream, but with a warehouse space, kegs of beer, a wall of speakers, and a darn good dj. It's called a party and people "donate" to the kegs and party costs. Rent a local police officer from the police department (this is key).

Anyway, you said to reply if interested. I am very interested to see how your dream unfolds. Please keep me updated. Message was edited by: rhino rules

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost