AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Text

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cjp
Enthusiast
268 Views, 2 Replies

Copying Text

I have had this problem a few times now and have only fixed it once. I have forgotten how I did that and am wondering why it keeps happening as well as how to fix it. I have a title block that we have used in our office for a long time now and sometimes when I copy and paste it over into a new sheet the address information changes font. As I mentioned we have been using this title block for a long time now and do not know which font it is. When i click on it it says its "RomanS" which I know it is not and that is what it copies over as. If I double click to edit, it says it is "Tw Cent Mt Bold", which is not the right font as well. In most projects I can just copy and paste it over and it remains the same, but as I mentioned this time and a few others it wont copy over the same. Does anyone know why this happens sometimes, and how to fix it when it does, and/or how to prevent it from happening. 

I am attaching a couple screen shots. One shows the title block as it should be. The other will show the same text twice. The one to the right of the title block is how it comes in and the text in the title block is "Tw Cent Mt Bold" which is what it says it is, but obviously it does not match my old text. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: cjp

Is the "text" in your title block Text, MText or something else?

I am not certain exactly what you are doing, but it sounds like when you select the "text," you are looking at the Properties palette (or have Quick Properties turned on) and are seeing the Text Style of the "text" object.  The name of a Text Style does not necessarily have to match the name of the font it uses.  Further complicating things, MText can have font overrides on some or all of the text inside, so even if the assigned Text Style and its font have the same name, the actual font used can be something else.  You should be able to determine the effective font, however.

Based on your description of differing behavior of the text when inserted into some, but not all, drawings, and assuming that when you say insert, you are using the INSERT command, and not externally referencing the title block file, your title block file probably has a Text Style called RomanS, and was used for that text until TrueType fonts were introduced in AutoCAD, at which point someone kept the Text Style name but changed the font in Text Style to the one now being used.  This works when inserting the file into another ("target") file, if the target file does not have a Text Style called "RomanS" defined within it.  In the files where you are not getting the correct font, there is likely already a Text Style called "RomanS", but it is defined with a different font (from the screen capture you posted, most likely "RomanS").  The target file definition will alway win when a named object (like Text Styles) with the same name exist in both the target file and the outside file being inserted.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ACADManager
in reply to: David_W_Koch

If your text is an attribute in a block, try using the command "BATTMAN" then you can edit the tag width factor under text options

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost