AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Projects ACA 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
craig
503 Views, 2 Replies

Copy Projects ACA 2014

Don't know if I've discovered a bug but here goes.

I am working on a large project  using PN (has about 500 files in total). Using the title tags, etc so they link to sheets and cross reference (first time using them) all works fine but when we change the phase of the project - say from Planning Phase to Delivery Phase, I am creating a new project and keeping the previous phase for records.

I do this by making a new project and use the previous phase as the template. All works fine and uses realtive pathing. I just noticed however the links in the title tags and references are referencing the OLD phase and not the new one. You only see this when you double click on the attribute and investigate the reference in the DST file. Means if you change a sheet number or reference name in the current project, it won't change in the tag as expected.

Am I missing something, is this a known fault and or how can it be fixed - don't suggest manually re-linking to the model views as there is probably 1000 or so tags in this project and I will go spare Cat Mad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: craig

Hi Craig,

Have you tried archiving the project or etransmitting it to capture that phase? Then you can continue updating the original project files without having to repath anything.

Alternatively, you should be able to copy and paste the project, rename, and repath it.

Here is a link to some frequently asked questions regarding project management in AutoCAD Architecture, which addresses archiving as well as many other topics.

AutoCAD Architecture Drawing Management FAQ

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 3
craig
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

HI Victoria

Since then I have thought about the archiving facility but when I try to use it freezes on this project so I gave up. Copy & Paste and rename won't work because it will also loose it's links.

But it is a problem if you set up say a standard project with a drawings a file strucutre you use all the time as a base - say a project home that you re-use as a base but change every time. There doesn't appear to be a way of doing this AND maintaining the links with title tags and sheets..

It appears to me that when a project is created and it says to re-path it, this only half does the job by re-pathing x'refs only , not the links to title tags, etc. That's ANOTHER one for the bug list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost