AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONVERTING PDFs to EDITABLE DWGs

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
saabgarcon
873 Views, 5 Replies

CONVERTING PDFs to EDITABLE DWGs

Can anyone tell me the best way to convert PDF files into editable and dimensionally correct DWG files?  I've used auto-vectorization software programs before and the results are thousands of vectorized lines, arcs and circles, etc. 

Is there a step in between I need to follow?  Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BBP-Arch
in reply to: saabgarcon

This is the 64 Dollar question!

I've tried many different things in the past and only two give decent results, and even then it can be hit and miss. That said, if the PDF was created from Autocad (in other words, NOT made from a raster image) then Adobe Illustrator has worked well for me in the past, and I've only got version 10...they're up to CS6 I think at this point.

The other software I've used with pretty decent results is Able2Extract Professional. It's kind of a multi-conversion software.

Good luck!

Scott

Message 3 of 6
pendean

There are many PDF2DWG converters out there, try before you buy, find them all with a quick Google search. Each have their limits: and never forget a PDF is just a print (no layers, no intelligence, and accurancy can be iffy).

Also beware of any copyright issues. Have you considered just attaching the PDF into ACA and working with it?

Message 4 of 6
saabgarcon

Thanks for the response.  What is ACA?

Message 5 of 6
saabgarcon
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Thanks for the response!

Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch

ACA = AutoCAD Architecture, the software that is the focus of this Discussion Group.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost