AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert 3d Autocad furniture into ACA model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
599 Views, 1 Reply

Convert 3d Autocad furniture into ACA model

I am looking for furniture content for renderings. I find some in Autodesk Seek. Most of the irtems are autocad 3d .  It looks like they are built with surfaces. I want to make them usuable in 3d models in Autocad for architecture. I would like them to be easily accessible from the tool palletes. They seem similar to the ones that come from Archidigm.  How do I drag and drop these 3d models into the tool pallette -  I tried to first convert them into a blcok , but that did not work.   Where can I find good furniture content, ready to drop into tool palllettes for ACA?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KathyMoffa
in reply to: Anonymous

To use the 3D furniture that you have downloaded on a palette, you will need to create a multi-view block which you can then drag and drop to the tool palettes, and from there to the Content Browser.  The 3D furniture item will need to be one of the blocks within the multiview block.   In other words, you have to block the 3D item, then include it as a view block in the multi-view block.    You can have a multiview block with the 3d block inserted for all the views, but you probably won't be satisfied with the results unless you create separate blocks for plan and elevations.  Archidigm has a furniture kit that has quite a few items in it, and his tools are great for using and for learning.  He has done some pretty extraordinary out of the box things with the OTB AEC objects.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost