AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contextual Tab States

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Bruce-T
389 Views, 10 Replies

Contextual Tab States

I saw on a you tube tutorial that the presenter had ribbons and tabs that automatically opens up when he clicked on say walls and he was able to edit them.  I don't have them.  I went through my menues (using menuload) and tried all of the cuix and so far no success.  Can someone help please?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Bruce-T
in reply to: Bruce-T

Message 3 of 11
KathyMoffa

Options/Selection Tab.  Contextual Tab States is on the lower right.

Message 4 of 11
Bruce-T
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Thank you for your help.  I still don't see or invoke those tabs.  I think I should have a certain menu or something.  I have three options when I click on "Workspace Switching" on the bottom corner.  I have attached 3 of my menues plus I have added AutoCAD Classic.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 11
KathyMoffa

I'm going to assume you don't see a change when you use the system variable, ribboncontextselect, either.  You may have a problem caused by having both the ACA and ACAD cuix loaded.  Try doing a search on that topic.    You might also try doing a repair.   

Message 6 of 11
Bruce-T

How do you do a repair?

Thank you.

Message 7 of 11
KathyMoffa

Go to the Control Panel/Programs and Features.  Select ACA and you will see the option to Repair.   

Message 8 of 11
Bruce-T

Before I do that can you look into your list of menus and let me know what menus (cuix files) I need to load so I just load those menus?  And I stop loading the Autocad Classic, may be that helps.

Thanks again.

Message 9 of 11
KathyMoffa

Message 10 of 11
Bruce-T

Thank you Kathy.  I followed your link and ended up at

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/AutoCAD%20Architecture%202011/Help/filesACG/WS73099cc142f48755-1257e12111bf108800e624.htm#WS73099cc142f487557579ab9211c98c460a4-7971

and watched a short video there for how to Customize Ribbon Contextual Tab States.    Problem solved.

Thank you again.

Message 11 of 11
KathyMoffa

Well, it certainly was a circuitous route, but I'm glad you found your solution.   For me, that's much too complicated.  I just stick to the OOTB settings!  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost