AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Browser not functioning correctly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ParadigmAE
309 Views, 1 Reply

Content Browser not functioning correctly

A few weeks ago my company finished installing a new server in the office.

Since than, when I open Content Browser and try to open a custom liberary there's nothing there. All the content is gone.

Is there some where in the .cbl file that hard codes the network path? Could my .cbl file be looking for the old server?

Thanks

Abraxas

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
vanessa.hall
in reply to: ParadigmAE

Thank you for reaching out to Autodesk Technical Support Abraxas!

It appears when the program was installed, settings were migrated from a previous version and there was an error with the migrated content catalog files.

1. Reset AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP to default settings.

If the issue persists:

2. Reinstall AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP without migrating the Content Catalog files from a previous version.
Migrate Content Catalog Files
See Also
How to reset AutoCAD to defaults
How to repair AutoCAD installation
Cannot drag content from Content Browser to Tool Palettes or drawing in AutoCAD MEP
Error when accessing the Autodesk Content Browser in AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP

Alternatively if your Windows User Name contains a "#" symbol in it, there will be a conflict with Microsoft Visual C++.  When  using the content browser, the tool palette will be unable to locate the folder location due to this symbol.  It is suggested that you change the Windows User Name and remove the "#" symbol.

This should resolve your issue, but please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions you may have as we are always happy to be of assistance when needed!

Cheers!

Vanessa Hall

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost