AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coffered Ceiling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ACADManager
2109 Views, 3 Replies

Coffered Ceiling

I am trying to create a coffered ceiling beam like this one: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI9DQdNIiA29ZoVwxu8eyFwZ2Lr-9kJPkycUa-0zz1P0vL... - I would like to create it with the corresponding parts so when I cut sections it will show up properly but also on plan I would like the joints to clean up properly. Should it be create it with a wall style? Beam? 

Thx

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KathyMoffa
in reply to: ACADManager

Attached is one I did with a wall style.  You might also check out Archidigm's web site for an example using a curtain wall.  I don't have the link available, but the title is "Using the mighty Curtain Wall as a coffered ceiling tool."

Message 3 of 4
ACADManager
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Wow that is awesome! could you share how it was created? Thx
Message 4 of 4
KathyMoffa
in reply to: ACADManager

Thanks.  It's all in the Components tab of the two Wall Styles.  The crown is a Wall Sweep which you can see by going to Style Manager and selecting Insert as a Polyline.  All the other detail is in the Wall components--Width, Edge Offset and Elevation Offsets.  I have the Display Configuration set to automatically display as Hidden2 in Plan, regardless of Cut Plan, and as you can see, Sections show all the detail (and are a great way to verify as you make changes).   You can easily create a new Wall Style from this one with different dimensions, different crown, etc., by making very minor changes to the settings in the Components tab.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost