AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking on a line selects the whole drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
galetondesigns
5115 Views, 1 Reply

Clicking on a line selects the whole drawing

Hi. Brand new to Autocad so this is probably a very simple problem. I have a 2d drawing that I have open in Autodesk Architceture 2015. All the layers are unlocked and thawed. When I click on a line it selects the whole drawing. Could someone tell me what I need to do to just select certains lines or objects? Thank you so much for the help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Most likely, either everything in your drawing is nested within a single block reference (or a single external reference) -OR- everything in your file is part of a single group, and you have PICKSTYLE set to select all objects in a group when one object is selected.

For the latter, setting PICKSTYLE to 0 or 2 will deactivate group selection.  (0 deactivates associative hatch boundary selection as well; 2 preserves associative hatch boundary selection.)  For the former, if an external reference, you could just open that file directly.  If a local block reference, you could edit the block in place or (YOIKS!) explode it.  I would be very leery of exploding the block, and would check with your co-workers/supervisors (if you have any) before doing that.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost