AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil and Architectural Scales

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chughes
2302 Views, 3 Replies

Civil and Architectural Scales

How can I have the option to select either civil or architectural scales for annotation and viewport scales?  Currently I only have architectural scales. Some projects have the site plan at a civil scale, so I need the option.  Hopefully this is simple setting that I am missing, as this solution will need to be deployed firmwide.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: chughes

Edit your drawing template file(s) and use the SCALELISTEDIT command to add/delete scales. (Can also be found via the ribbon: Annotation ribbon tab, Annotation Scaling panel.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
chughes
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for the response David.

I assume that I would just need to manually add in the Civil scales in the template.  There is no checkbox (for example) that would bring them all in.

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: chughes

For future drawings, getting the scales you want in the template file(s) would be the way to go.

To  add those additional scales to existing drawings, create a file from the template after you add the scales and add a piece of annotative content to that file, adding all of the custom scales to it.  Save the file, then use the INSERT command to insert that file as a block into a file to which you want to add the scales.  You can then delete the inserted block and purge the block definition; the custom scales will remain in the drawing.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost