AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Z value of Spline

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cloud92387
10677 Views, 2 Replies

Changing Z value of Spline

I am working with topo lines made from many splines. I did not create the original file and unfortunately all the splines in the dwg have hundreds, sometimes thousands of control points. 

I am trying to prep this dwg to import into Revit to create a 3D toposurface. To do that, I have to adjust the elevation of each spline.

The only way I have found to do this is to change the value of the "Control point Z" under the properties of each spline. However, this only works for whatever control point is currently selected, rather than changing the Z value of the entire spline. Considering there are probably at least 100,000 control points in this dwg, changing the Z value of each one individually is just not an option for me.

This is driving me nuts. Can someone please tell me how I can change the Z value or elevation of each spline as a whole, instead of each point?! Is there a way to select all the points of one spline at once? Can I convert the splines into a different type of line whose elevation can be changed more easily? PLEASE HELP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: cloud92387

You could use the MOVE command.

Specify base point or [Displacement] <Displacement>: 0,0,Z[ENTER]

Specify second point or <use first point as displacement>:[ENTER]

Where Z is the amount you want the spline to move in the Z-axis direction.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
shreshthguptaa
in reply to: cloud92387

Yes, you can change the spline into a polyline by using FLATTEN command.

Select the Spline > Flatten > N > Enter

Do this to all the splines and then you can just change the elevation of the polylines in the properties window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost