I am unable to get the Callout Bubble font to stay fixed on one Style. It adopts whatever style is current. I have changed the Attribute Text Style on the Properties dialog box of the tag to CONTENT and it still doesn't work. What am I missing
The column grid bubble is a Multi-View Block. Are you adding the one from the Annotation palette to a custom grid?
Changing the tool to use the content style (after setting the content to the desired style in the source file) should work for you in drawings where the content is not already defined. In drawings where the content is already defined, the local definition will be used, so you will need to redefine the view block referenced by the Multi-View Block and change the font associated with the attribute definition. Then use the Update option of the MVBLOCK command to push the change onto existing instances.
Sorry David, I needed to give a bit more info. This is a detail bubble I am dealing with which are not MVB's. It appears that the attribute within the block is set to RomanS which would be fine if I could just get it to come with that way. The ACA HELP says that the two setting for Attribute Text Style are as follows
Here you select if the text style for attributes in the title should be the text style of the title tag (Content) or the current text style of the drawing (Target).
So, unless I am reading it wrong, if I set it to Content it should use RomanS which is what the block was defined with. But no, if I set the style as something else and insert a detail bubble with Content as the Attr Text Style, it still assume the current drawing style. AAARGH
Check your drawing before inserting the detail bubble to see if the block already exists. Once the block has been inserted it will always default to the block definition in the target drawing and ignore any settings in the Tool Pallet or the Block Template drawing.
If I had read your post more carefully, I would have seen Callout, not Column.
What version are you using? I just tried this in ACA 2010 with the Detail Mark A1 callout, placing callouts only, and it is working the way you want it to: if the Attribute text style property of the tool is set to Target, then the font of the current text style is used for the attribute(s) in the callout. If I set it to Content, then the font defined in the Content file (RomanS) is used.
I do recall playing with this in a much earlier version (back when all callouts were AEC Content, so things may have changed since then), and when using content that was set to have attributes use the target drawing's current text style for the font, on the initial importation of the block definition, that font was written into the block definition. If the content file was later changed to use the source file, you still got that original font, because the block already existed in the drawing so it was not being imported into the file on subsequent uses. (I think if the current text style was changed to one using a different font after the first use, with the content file set to use the Target font, then the font for that instance of the attribute would be overridden.)
All of the content that I had a hand in setting up for my office was set up to use the Content font, both to avoid having random fonts used and because I was not comfortable with the possibility of having someone use ATTSYNC to reset any overridden fonts back to the original block definition font.
I just checked the behavior in 2008, and it works fine there, too. 2008 also has callout tools, not AEC Content. I do not recall which release first introduced callout tools for the tool palettes, it may have been 2006 or 2007.
So, maybe not much help in solving your problem, unless you are using a fairly old release.
Thanks all, I thought I was in a drawing that that block was not already in there. That is why changing the tool to Content was working. Once I went into a totally clean drawing it worked fine. I apologize for being a bonehead on this one. All in all I did learn of the ATTSYNC command which I had never heard of. Thanks guys
I still remember the bittersweet day I learned of ATTSYNC. On the one
hand, I thought it was an awesome command, but at the same time I felt
like an idiot for not knowing it for so many years...
On 1/7/2010 8:15 AM, wstu wrote:
> Thanks all, I thought I was in a drawing that that block was not already in there. That is why changing the tool to Content was working. Once I went into a totally clean drawing it worked fine. I apologize for being a bonehead on this one. All in all I did learn of the ATTSYNC command which I had never heard of. Thanks guys