AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in the detail of wall type

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
233 Views, 2 Replies

Change in the detail of wall type

Since yesterday, when I try to draw any of our custom wall types all I get is a standard wall type image (rectangle only).  None of the detail or component colors are displayed. When I start creating the new wall, the detail displays until I click at the end of the wall, then the detail disappears.  When I ID an existing wall and a newly created rectangle the properties all match.  I can copy and mirror existing wall and the correct display is retained.  All of the existing walls in the drawing display and print correctly. The newly created wall print only the rectangle.  Medium detail settings are in place.  This has to be a local setting problem on my computer because others in the office can draw the same new wall in the same drawing and get all of the detail. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post a sample file that exhibits the behavior you descrbe?  If you do so, please note the version of ACA in which the file was created.

You indicate that the "existing" Walls that display the interior components and the "new" Walls that only show the rectangle show the same properties - does that include Wall Style?  Are both Base height and Elevation the same?  Do all Walls cross the cut plane?  Do any Walls have an overridden Cut Plane height?  Do any of the Walls have a style- or object-level display override applied?  Is the "new" Wall that only displays as a rectangle showing the color of the Shrinkwrap component?  If not, what component's color is showning (Below Cut Plane?  Above Cut Plane?)?  If you select the Additional information property on the Properties palette, on the Design tab, under the Basic category and Location subcategory, are the Normal values for the Walls the same?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David, It was the Base Height setting that was incorrect. It was set at 3'-0" with a 3'-6" cut plane so nothing but the shrinkwrap was showing. Thank you for the prompt help. Sincerely Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost