AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

IlIOsirisIlI
Message 1 of 3 (499 Views)

Ceramic Tile Help

499 Views, 2 Replies
03-27-2012 12:59 PM

I work for a Ceramic tile contractor I have had little training on cad. I am being forced to make some shop drawings for a project showing how tile will lay out exactly in a restroom walls and floors.  Can anyone direct me to a video or guide to show how to use cad for tile installation layout.  Thanks.

Valued Mentor
KathyMoffa
Message 2 of 3 (488 Views)

Re: Ceramic Tile Help

03-28-2012 08:03 AM in reply to: IlIOsirisIlI

Are you using AutoCAD Architecture, and if so, what version?   If you have no need for a 3D presentation that shows the actual tile being used, and are strictly looking for a layout for the pattern, the easiest way I know is to draw separate polyline outlines of your floor and wall, using the exact dimensions, then use the Hatch command to fill in the areas with a tile pattern.   The hatch command is found in ACA by entering Hatch from the command line and on the Home/Draw tab on the ribbon.

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 3 of 3 (486 Views)

Re: Ceramic Tile Help

03-28-2012 08:09 AM in reply to: IlIOsirisIlI

Watch the vieos from the help menu within AutoCAD (Press F1). Go through some of the tutorials that come with it. Check out YouTube - there are a lot of videos on AutoCAD. You could also check out various books for learning AutoCAD on your own.

Here are some good websites that have tutorials/vidoes to check out:  

Cad Tutor

CAD Corner

Draftsperson

JTB World

Good luck ~ Mary

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!