AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceiling grid BOM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ted.evans
279 Views, 4 Replies

Ceiling grid BOM

Is there a way to generate bill of materials for a ceiling grid in ACA 2015?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: ted.evans

You could probably schedule it.  I haven't done it myself but you could certainly extract areas of ceiling material. Using formulas, you should be able to calculate the grid quantities.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5

Hi Ted,

Are you using a Ceiling Grid tool to create the ceiling grids in question?

As Doug mentioned, you can add properties to ceiling grid objects and use Data Extraction to export the information based on the custom properties you've added.

Is this what you're looking for?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 5

Yes. However I don't know if that will give me the level of detailed parts I need. There are main Tee's that run front to back on 4' centers with 4' Cross tee's that run between them, then 2' tees that create the 2x2 grid and an angle that runs around the perimeter of the space. I may have to try a LISP routine or something along that route.

Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: ted.evans

A Ceiling Grid object is not going to give you that information as an automatic property.  I am not sure what data might be derived via a formula property from the model.  One concern would be if a Polyline or Space were being used as a clipping element, and whether any data retrieved from the Ceiling Grid object would reflect the overall size of the grid or the clipped size.  It may be easier to apply estimating rules of thumb based on square footages.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost