AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use any design element

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
349 Views, 9 Replies

Cannot use any design element

I cannot draw any elements from design pallet. Happens suddenly. Probably I accidentally switch something. In command line show command like:WallAdd and right away show another command line. Cannot add any doors or windows - same problem.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Try using the command line:

WALL -----add

DOOR----add

etc. etc.

If the commands work it propably a problem with the tool palette

Message 3 of 10
robert

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?  I am experiencing the same problem. Reinstalling and repairing doesn't resolve the issue.

Message 4 of 10
leothebuilder

Which version of Autocad Architecture are you using?

Are you using tools from the Home ribbon?

Are you using the tool palettes?

Or are you using the command line?

Message 5 of 10
robert
in reply to: leothebuilder

I am using the Tool Palette-Design in Architecture 2012, and none of the XXXXADD commands work.

Message 6 of 10
robert
in reply to: robert

I also tried just the command line entry, which didn't work either.  If I draw a line, I can apply the wall to line work, but that is it.  Even at that, I can only select the wall, but there are no properties listed for it.

Message 7 of 10
leothebuilder

Sounds like a repair or re-install is in order. Something is awry.

Message 8 of 10
KathyMoffa

Have you checked your profile (Options/Profiles) and made certain that it is set to AutoCAD Architecture and not vanilla AutoCAD?  Both install with the software.   

Message 9 of 10
robert
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Yes, and actually, I tried switching between the two, trying the walladd command after each switch.

Message 10 of 10
KathyMoffa

Since neither a reinstall nor a repair solved the problem,  you may need to do a complete uninstall using one of the registry cleaner tools like Revo Uninstaller.    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost