AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save files in ACA 2013

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jettre
228 Views, 0 Replies

Cannot save files in ACA 2013

I teach ACA 2013 on a Windows 7 platform, and have been teaching my class how to use ACA by creating a drawing file which has floor plans, electrical plans, and schedules (all in the same file).  For the past 2 weeks, we've been using the Detail Component Manager to create 3 section views in that file and created the 4th one today. 

When I tried to save my drawing, I got an error message: " One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format.  The operation was not completed and no file was created."  (This only happened to my workstation - the students weren't affected). I then opened the file on a different workstation - same result and message.

I checked to see that I was SAVING AS an Autocad 2013 drawing, and I am. I then BLOCKed and WBLOCKED the drawing to save it, but receive an "Invalid - drawing not compatible with current version" message when I try to insert the block into a new drawing.  If I try to force saving by closing or exiting, I get the "One or more objects..." message.  All of these drawings are new and no content from previous versions of ACA has been inserted.   

I'm baffled - any insight and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.     

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost