AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open drawings from previous releases in ACA 2013 running on Windows 8

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
leking115
218 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot open drawings from previous releases in ACA 2013 running on Windows 8

I have ACA 2013 (student version) running in the Windows 8 environment. I cannot open anything drawn in a previous release nor can I open a drawing created in ACA 2013 that was installed on the Windows 7 platform.

I have tried to drag in the drawings through design center. That worked for a while now when I try that it causes ACA to crash. Also I have tried multiple drawings that were created in several different versions of ACA. (2004, 2006 and 2009)

As a side note I was able to open those files in ACA 2013 running on the Windows 7 OS.

Need some help or a fix ASAP.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: leking115

Win8 is not a supported OS: now orkaround yet.

Do you get an error message? Does RECOVER command open these files?

Message 3 of 3
leking115
in reply to: pendean

Clicking open and selecting a file all that happens is ACA flashes as if it were to launch then nothing at all. It just doesn't open. As I said before I was able for a few days to drag older files in via Design Center...now I cannot and it crashes ACA. So there is nothing to recover.

When I first installed ACA 2013 on Win8 there was no default dwg icon visable in any file explorer. Now there is. This just started today. So there must have been a live update that installed but now I cannot like I said even drag in older files.

I am going to try another avenue. I am going have someone save one of the drawings as an dxf file just to see if it will import or open. Otherwise I just don't know what else to do.

Cannot even attach older files as xrefs. This rather annoying considering ACA and REViIT are Autodesk's bread and butter programs and they were not the first ones that they addressed the Win 8 compatiblility. MAYA was though...woohoo!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost