AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit in viewport (layout tabs)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fxmagic
1955 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot edit in viewport (layout tabs)

We have an intern that has somehow made it impossible for her to edit inside viewports(switching to model space) on her layouts. None of us has seen this before and do not know how to reverse what she has done.  This happens with any drawing she opens.  She can edit when in the model space tab, but when she goes to one of the layout tabs and double clicks on the viewport she cannot edit.  The viewports are not locked.  We have had several people look at it and cannot find what command or setting she changed.  She does not have admin rights so I do not think she could have run a script.  She is not familiar with AutoCAD Architecture, her experience has been limited to Revit.  Thanks for any help.

Bert

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: fxmagic

Post a DWG with the problem, let's all have a look.

Message 3 of 6
leothebuilder

And if anyone else opens the drawing, can they edit within the viewport?

Or does this only happen on her computer?

Message 4 of 6
fxmagic
in reply to: leothebuilder

Yes, others can open the same drawings on their computers and edit with no problems.
Message 5 of 6
leothebuilder

I would check to see if there are maybe two viewports overlaying each other.

Have her delete and re-create the viewport(s) and see what happens.

Other than that I have no idea what causes this to happen on her pooter and not on other pooters.

Message 6 of 6
fxmagic

Thanks everyone for trying to help with this.  It is still a puzzle to us.  Our solution was to reset AutoCAD Architecture to all of the default settings and then make the changes to options that we use as defaults for our team.  Solved the problem until the next time.  We did try everyone's solution before doing the reset.  Thanks again.  Bert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost