AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select viewport

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Morientes19
12914 Views, 12 Replies

Can't select viewport

Hi All,

I am having some problems with viewports in AutoCAD Architecture 2009.

I click on the viewport then look in the properties menu and the menu is blank. I click on the drop down menu and its white with no choices.

I then click on a polygonal viewport and it only comes up a polyline that I can amend. I have done this is new dwgs, created viewports myself and still the same problem.

Any help/advice would be great.

Many Thanks,

M19

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
kjneitzke
in reply to: Morientes19

One possible cause is that the layer that you have created your viewport on maybe frozen, hence preventing you from selecting it.  Try thawing all of your layers and turning on all of your layers and then try selecting your viewport.  Once you know what layer your viewport is on, you can undo your thawing and turning on to restore your layer state and thaw the appropriate layer to work with your viewport.

Ken Neitzke
Message 3 of 13
pendean

Does PROPERTIES display anything if you select other items in your file?

Message 4 of 13
Morientes19
in reply to: pendean

No its not even in the properties bar/menu. If i select the viewport and for example a circle, just the circle is visible in the properties. This problem is annoying now, i must be doing something wrong.

Message 5 of 13
pendean

Can you use SAVEAS, create a new file, delete much of the Mdelspace content in the file, leave that problem layout intact, verify the problem still exists, then post it here?

Message 6 of 13
jgray

I'm using Civil3d 2015 and have had the same problem.  Although all layers were on, thawed and unlocked, I couldn't select the viewport to move the nodes.  I had two viewports in the same layout on the same layer.  I was able select one but not the other.  I also tried sending my title block and other view the the back but this didn't work.  What did work for me, as suggested in the forum, was to toggle all layers off and frozen then turn on and thaw.  I was able to select the unresponsive viewport.

Jeff

Civil3d 2015
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4 GHz
Windows 7 Professional, SP 1
20 gb RAM
64 bit operating system
Message 7 of 13
rencartz

Hi all,

I have also the same problem, I'm using LT and I cant select the viewport, txt, and line, what is the solution for these error.

Message 8 of 13
David_W_Koch
in reply to: rencartz

Welcome to the community!

Is Layer 0 or Defpoints off or frozen?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 9 of 13
pendean

Is this a problem in all files, or just this one? If it's just this one, thaw/turn on all layers and try again.
Message 10 of 13
rencartz
in reply to: pendean

I've already tried what you said, but still wont work. I've already tried every ways posted in these forum but nothings working out.

Message 11 of 13
rencartz
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I've already tried what you said, but still wont work. I've already tried every ways posted in these forum but nothings working out.
Message 12 of 13
PSEYFORD

I have been using Autocad for many, many years. Basicially, it sucks.

Message 13 of 13
dbroad

Save a copy of the drawing with everything in modelspace deleted and all the layouts but the problem on deleted. Then post that drawing so we can help. Playing a guessing game is a waste of time.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost