AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open/save files in windows 10

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
register
3562 Views, 3 Replies

Can't open/save files in windows 10

I have just taken the plundge into windows 10, it all looks very shiney and new!

The problem is, i can't open or save any of my cad files. I am running Autocad LT 2016. Every time i open a drawing i get a message that tell me the file is read only. if i try to save the file i get a dialog box that tells me i don't have permision tosave in this location. My profile is the administrator on my machine.

For some reason all of my cad files are now read only. If i change them to read write they revert back to read only!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance .

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leothebuilder
in reply to: register

Autodesk products are not supported on the Windows 10 platform. Plenty of other posts about that subject. 

Message 3 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: register

Have you tried checking the permissions on the folder. Even if your an administrator windows will still only give you read access on certain folders. You will have to manually give yourself write permission or write to a folder such as My Documents. This always worked in previous versions.
Message 4 of 4
register
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Cheers Keith.Brown

I have tried removing the read/write permission with no luck.

I have however discovered that if i copy the file to a memory stick it will open without any problems. Temporary fix hopefully!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost