AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find PGP file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
PhilvK
9854 Views, 5 Replies

Can't find PGP file

i am using AutoCad Architecture 2009 in non-ribbon format and want to edit my PGP file.  For some reason I do not have "Tools>Customize" on my menu lines anywhere. When I search thru the hard drive, the only place I find any PGP files are in an UserDataCache.  Can anyone tell me where the real PGP file should be?  If it makes a difference, this is a Windows 7 64 bit system.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: PhilvK

For ACA 2009 on Windows Vista (Home Premium), standalone installation using default file locations, my ACAD.pgp is located here:

C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACD-A 2009\enu\Support

Substitute your user name for "David".  I believe that the folder structure for Windows 7 is similar to Windows Vista (have not upgraded my desktop to Windows 7 yet, so I do not know for certain), but if you customized file locations, your ACAD.pgp file may be elsewhere.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
PhilvK

Thank you David, that's where it is. I doubled check, but it still won't appear in a search either for the entire name or partial (acad*.*, *.pgp, etc.). Must be something in Windows 7...I don't think the pgp file is hidden.

Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

In Vista, the C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData folder is hidden, which would hide all folders and files below it as well.  I assume that you can turn on the display of hidden folders in Windows 7, like you can in Vista or XP.  Doing so should make your search return the location of the PGP file - unless Windows 7 requires that you explicitly specify that hidden files and folders be searched.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
pendean

To edit the pgp file in use by your session, at the command line, type this:
(startapp "notepad" (findfile "acad.pgp"))

Don't forget to run REINIT to reload it afterwards.

Turn the above into a macro and plant it on screen in ACA.

Message 6 of 6
PhilvK

Thanks Dean!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost