AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete Tool Palette Group

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
oceanside
1762 Views, 3 Replies

Can't Delete Tool Palette Group

I have set the properties in Content Browser for New Project 2012 (our template for new projects) under Tool Palettes for shared workspace catalog; tool palette group is pointing to Workspace Catalog on a shared drive; tool content root path is pointing to a Projects folder called New Project 2012.

When I open the project New Project 2012 the tool palettes come up but with a Tool Palette Group called New Project 2012 with all the tool palettes listed under it.  I right clicked and made the Design group the current group and selected Customize Palettes.  I can see under Palette Groups - New Project 2012.  I right clicked and selected delete and it's gone but when I go out of the project and go back in, the group New Project 2012 is there.  Where do I go to delete this group?  Where do I tell the Project to have the Design Group  be current when opening this Project?

the best is at the beach!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
robincapperw
in reply to: oceanside

I suspect "New Project 2012" group is being generated by the project on open. Check the Project Properties > Advanced >Project Tool Palette Group

If set to Shared Workspace Catalog or Per User Workspace Catalog it will create/use project specific catalogs/tools. Set to None and you will only see the global and users one custom groups

Look in the Help for more detail at:

Workflow and User Interface  > Drawing Management > The Project Browser > Working with Project Properties > Advanced Project Properties >  Adding a Project Content Browser Library and Tool Palette Group

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 3 of 4
oceanside
in reply to: robincapperw

Sorry it took so long to response back but you were right.  I had the setting for Shared Workspace Catalog.  After setting to NONE, I was able to remove the group.  Thanks.. 

the best is at the beach!
Message 4 of 4
dallen5
in reply to: robincapperw

@robincapperw wrote:

I suspect "New Project 2012" group is being generated by the project on open. Check the Project Properties > Advanced >Project Tool Palette Group

If set to Shared Workspace Catalog or Per User Workspace Catalog it will create/use project specific catalogs/tools. Set to None and you will only see the global and users one custom groups

Look in the Help for more detail at:

Workflow and User Interface  > Drawing Management > The Project Browser > Working with Project Properties > Advanced Project Properties >  Adding a Project Content Browser Library and Tool Palette Group

I too am in need of removing a Palette Group. I am using Mechanical 2012 and I have searched for the "Workflow and user Interface...." with no success. Could you elaborate where I could find "Check the Project Properties > Advanced >Project Tool Palette Group"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost