AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a sheet set contain AEC data?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Jason.Piercey
431 Views, 7 Replies

Can a sheet set contain AEC data?

Can a sheet set itself contain AEC data, where a reference via a field to any element within the sheet set would cause AEC modules to load upon opening a drawing?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Could you elaborate on the intension for this feature?

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8

Nothing like bumping a 3 year old thread but.....

It's not a feature I'm interested in.  If I recall correctly, I was having an issue with keeping my files clean of AEC content.  I had one sheet that was causing AEC modules to load becuase of a field reference.

Example:  "File A" was clean of AEC content.  "File B" was infected with AEC content.  A field existed in "File A" with a reference to a view in "File B".   So each time I opened "FIle A" the AEC modules would load even tho the file itself didn't contain in AEC content.

Edit:  I have no idea why this thread was moved to the Architecture forum.  This was/is a vanilla AutoCAD issue.

Message 4 of 8
dbroad
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Once a file has AEC content in it, it is pointless to try to clean it out in my experience.  I used to worry about it and then just accepted it.  

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 8
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: dbroad

I agree it is very difficult to deal with.  I can't bring myself to just accept it.  If I did, eventually all my files would be infected.

I'm still wanting something along the lines of the EDU warning for AEC content.  At least I'd have a better chance of keeping files clean.

Message 6 of 8
MarySeufert
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

There is always EXPORTTOAUTOCAD to clean them up...

Edit: perhaps sheets sets created by ACA's PN will have AEC content activated whether or not it is present...

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 7 of 8
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: MarySeufert

@Anonymous wrote:

There is always EXPORTTOAUTOCAD to clean them up...

Edit: perhaps sheets sets created by ACA's PN will have AEC content activated whether or not it is present...

Yeah there is that option, but that also destroys existing field references to the sheet set and sheet views.

I'm a vanilla user, so the AEC content had to of been added in some other fashion.

Message 8 of 8
dbroad
in reply to: MarySeufert

Mary,

I would have suggested export... but somehow, stuff sometimes creeps back anyway.  I generally just accept the few seconds that is required by the additional module loads and forget about it.  Frustration level dropped and it really didn't matter much anyway.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost