AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cameras and Viewports

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SMILES
4926 Views, 4 Replies

Cameras and Viewports

I dont work much with cameras, and created several cameras for which I want to display in paperspace in a viewport.  The only way I have found to do this is activate the viewport, select the camera, and then set current.  ... but it skews the image, and my viewports now cover up the other viewports if overlapping.

Is there an easier way to plot camera views in paperspace?

Thank you,

Steve M.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KathyMoffa
in reply to: SMILES

You can also set up multiple viewports in a single layout, and display different camera views in each.  In the View Manager (enter View from the command line to bring up), select one of your cameras, set it current and apply to one of your viewports.  Repeat for each viewport.     You can also change your visual style, insert a background image, turn the sky and sun on, etc. and save these settings for each of your named views.

Message 3 of 5
SMILES
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Thank you - that is a cleaner way of doing it.  I also set the PERSPECTIVE toggle back to 0, which seemed to help- I assume the camera is a perspective view by default?  Do you know if that is true? 

Thank you again all the help- it is much appreciated!

Steve Miles

Message 4 of 5
KathyMoffa

You're welcome.    And yes, the Camera default is perspective.   Perspective is also one of the settings you can change in the View Manager.  

Message 5 of 5
kenzieoliver909

You have to set the camera view as current, then turn on the realistic display. You then type RENDER, or activate the render process via an icon on the RPREF palette or the dashboard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost