AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate area of each wallcomponent

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bartvveen
417 Views, 3 Replies

Calculate area of each wallcomponent

Hello,

I'm new here, so forgive me if this question has already been asked. I'm trying to figure out in what way I can simply calculate the area  or volume of each component of a wall style. When I've drawn a wall style with concrete-insulation-air-brickwork is it possible to calculate the area of each material apart. I tried to create a property set definition for it but couldn't find a way. Is it possible to anchor a wallcomponent-indexnumber to a property set definition.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Greetz Bart (NL)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
brian_adams
in reply to: bartvveen

well, I found it unexpectedly! It is the command " materiallist ". It count all wolume of material of all elements of every object( whith mods ) It's cannot be applied to some variety of objects,unless they grouped.
For example if you got two walls(not grouped) ... you will recive the result only for the first wall you have chosen. But puting them into one groupe you can recive the sum of the volumes of materials of two walls( by every material). etc.
You can even groupe differet kinde of elements and recive the sum of all materials of this elements. 

There is one smal detail...it does'nt work for x-ref files and  works for autocad architecture 2012 and older

Message 3 of 4

This was a really nice find, @brian_adams!

Here is the Help article associated with the feature as well:

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 4

Of course it solves one of the greatest problem in ACA. I only hope, that Autodesk will DEVELOP IT it to scheduling materials ... 🙂 or not.
ACA still has such an essential potencial, that simply not realised.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost