AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing to folders causes crash

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ntellery
388 Views, 4 Replies

Browsing to folders causes crash

Anyone else had this problem.

OPEN and then try to browse to another folder and ACA crashes.

It first started just when trying to SAVEIMG to save a just rendered to screen image. It would crash consistently when trying to change folders.  Did a reinstall and it went away.

Came back again and

Now it's happening on OPEN as well.  Every time.  Have to drag files to ACA and save to which ever folder opens and then move it afterwards.

Anyone had this or have any ideas?  I gather that ACA is using the windows folder system and there may be a clash there somewhere.  I use AVG antivirus and I guess it's possible it is doing something like checking folders and causing problems.  It has caused the browsers (IE and Chrome) to crash.

Added an ignore acad.exe and whole folder to AVG but it still crashes.

Win7 sp1 64bit, 16gb RAM Core7 i7-2600 @ 3400ghz 

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: ntellery

I have a similar system and also use AVG and I don't have that happening.  I assume this is 2012, do you have other versions installed that you can try?  Did you try a repair of the installation first?

My system, Win7 64bit, SP1, 12 Gb Ram, i7-720@1.6Ghz 

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 3 of 5
ntellery
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Thanks for the reply John.  I have 09 & 13 Beta installed and they don't have the issue.

I previously tried repair and then reinstalled to get rid of it and it did for a short period and now it's back again.  I defrag'd the drive and still there. 

Tried a different profile and it's still there.

I just renamed the drawing folder and created a new one and it still crashed.

I removed every loose drawing into another folder so it wouldn't see anything and it still crashed.

I have now moved most of the drawing folders out of the drawing folder and the crashing has stopped so it seems there is one or more folders that have a structural problem or something that ACA is reacting to.

I'll have to move the folders 1 by 1 into the new folder until ACA reacts again and I will see which folder/s it is.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Message 4 of 5
ntellery
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

John were you a beta tester?

I can get a crash when trying to open the folder that holds the ACA13Beta drawings so that may be the problem. They are to be deleted anyway so that's no loss.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Message 5 of 5
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: ntellery

It sounds like you found the likely problem.  I was a beta tester and I can't seem to reproduce the problem but it still seems likely that those files are somehow causing the crash.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost