AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New to ACA and Project Navigator-THINGS KEEP DISAPPEARING!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
604 Views, 6 Replies

Brand New to ACA and Project Navigator-THINGS KEEP DISAPPEARING!

Hoping to be directed to the right portion of this forum.

Here is the problem:

Started using ACA and have been using the Project Navigator, for residential construction. My practice piece has three floors Basement, GFloor, 2ndFloor.

Created constructs for each of the three floors.

Created stairway construct-a spanning construct for all three floors

Here is where the problems begin:

1. I keep getting a message anytime I open one of the floors and add the stairs construct that I have 'unreconciled layers'... getting tired of opeing the dialog box and right clicking to have ACA 'reconcile the layers'... am I missing something or is this something everyone contends with?

2. My more persistent problem, is:

--if I open the ground floor and add the stairs construct to it, the stairs appear in the correct location.

--if I open the SECOND floor constructs tab and add the stairs construct, the stairs DO NOT APPEAR.

or

--if I open the STAIRS construct and add the SECOND floor to the window, the SECOND floor walls dissappear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Additionally, I am using the GENERIC WALL tool with a 6"width in the construction of this project and 4"width for the interior walls.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KathyMoffa
in reply to: Anonymous

The stairs need to be in a "spanning" construct drawing that is assigned to all levels in your project where they need to appear. On the Constructs tab of the Project Navigator, right-click your Stairs drawing, select Properties and check all levels this stair drawing needs to span.     Also, construct drawings should not be dragged into other construct drawings.   Instead, you should set up a separate "View" drawing for bringing multiple constructs into a single drawing.   That said, I do drag constructs into constructs for quick checks, then immediately detach.

I don't know the answer to your first question.  I've frequently seen (and mostly ignore) this warning in some projects, and rarely seen it in others. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Kathy,

Thank you for the prompt response. As per your instructions I did RHM click on the stairs construct, and went to the properties tab, and indeed the stairs are set as a spanning construct. All three floors are checked...but still have the same issue.

I have set up view files for each of the floors and here are the results:

General Tab - Titled Second Floor Plan

Context Tab - Second Floor is checked

Content Tab - States in tree form Constructs Tab

-----> Second Floor (with a check mark appears in front of the construct)

-----> Stairs (with a check mark appears in front of the construct)

I know that it is a hassle, with the unreconciled layers tab, but i have a better understanding of the program, I patiently click on each pop up RHM click reconcile layer... sigh....

Thank you for your help thus far!

Paul

Message 4 of 7
MarySeufert

Hi Paul,

To answer your first question... On the Layer Properties Manager, uper right corner, select the wrench icon. This brings up the Layer Settings dialog box. Uncheck to get the level of new layer notification you want.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the reply.

Followed your directions, and HOPING that I do not get the unreconciled layers notification, still researching to find out EXACTLY what unreconciled layers are and how they impact my project...LOL

Thank you again.

Have a great weekend.

Paul

Message 6 of 7
Keith.Brown

@Anonymous wrote:

Kathy,

Thank you for the prompt response. As per your instructions I did RHM click on the stairs construct, and went to the properties tab, and indeed the stairs are set as a spanning construct. All three floors are checked...but still have the same issue.

I have set up view files for each of the floors and here are the results:

General Tab - Titled Second Floor Plan

Context Tab - Second Floor is checked

Content Tab - States in tree form Constructs Tab

-----> Second Floor (with a check mark appears in front of the construct)

-----> Stairs (with a check mark appears in front of the construct)

I know that it is a hassle, with the unreconciled layers tab, but i have a better understanding of the program, I patiently click on each pop up RHM click reconcile layer... sigh....

Thank you for your help thus far!

Paul

You should try removing the stair drawing from any drawing that it is a part of and then save all of your drawings.  Then bring the stair drawing back into the drawings that it needs to be in.  I don't believe the program will move a drawing once it is already xref'd into another based on the project settings.  You need to remove it and bring it back in.  Between removing it and bringing it back in make sure that you have completely purged the xref from your drawing otherwise it might come back in with the same information.  i.e.  elevation.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Keith,

Apologize for the delay in responding.

Did as you suggested, completely removed the stairs from the drawing, deleted the construct completely, re saved the drawing.... went for coffee.... walked the dogs... thought happy thoughts.... came back and re did the stairs construct, and it works! The stairs are showing the correct elevation! Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost