AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Properties Table will not appear on double click.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tlong
903 Views, 4 Replies

Block Properties Table will not appear on double click.

I just got a new computer, and installed autocad 2015. I have opened a dymamic block in the block editor, and tried to add a "Block Properties Table" from the action toolpallet. Usually when added, the table shows up and you are able to add information to the table. This is not happening. I seems to open, but not visable. You have to hit ESC to exit out. 

Can anybody help? 

Thanks in advance.

Troy Long
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: tlong

Hi Troy,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're eperiencing this issue. Could you please confirm that when you double-click the Block Properties Table, this is the dialog box you're expecting to see, but it is not popping up for you?

2015_ACA_Block_Properties_Table.png

I'd also like to know:

• Do other popup dialog boxes work for you on the new machine?
  • Have you customized the program in any way? (Migrated settings, Lisp routines, scripts, etc.)
  • Do you have any antivirus or security programs installed that could be interfering?
  • Is your User Account Control set to "Never Notify"?
  • Have you tried resetting or repairing the program?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 5
tlong
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Yes, that is the box that I am expecting. 

Yes, all the others seem to work correctly. Visibility states, Property Boxes seem to be working correctly.

I did not have a previous version of AutoCAD to pull from. I have attached a current profile.

I have made changes to the profile, pointing to different locations. I tried to see if the “Unnamed Profile” work, and It did not.

I changed my User account to “Never”. It did not work.

I have reset and reinstalled my software multiple times.

I might be a video driver issue.

Troy Long
Message 4 of 5
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: tlong

Hi Troy,

Thank you for attaching your system information.

Before I make any suggestions regarding your graphics card, I'd like you to try the suggestion in this article (especially if you've ever used more than one monitor with your machine):

Dialog windows do not display in AutoCAD and the program appears to freeze

If that doesn't bring the dialog box back into view, and you're running the program on a laptop with dual graphics cards and/or Direct X 11 (it looks like you might be), you may want to try the suggestions in the following articles:

AutoCAD crashes when opening or closing drawings on laptops with dual graphics cards

AutoCAD uses the wrong graphics card

How to make AutoCAD run with DirectX 9

You may also want to install the certified driver for your graphics card, and ensure you've installed ACA 2015 Service Pack 1:

NVIDIA Quadro K1100M 9.18.13.3311

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 5

I had this same problem. the dialog box position was out of screen range.  THX

www.cadmasters.guru

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost