Hello again. I'm starting to wonder if I need to reset my program. When I click on my blocks, it won't allow me into block editor. I checked, and my Blockeditlock variable is set to zero, which should allow me in. But alas, it does not. When I type in "blockeditor" it says "read only". Which it's never done before. I have no idea what happened between last night and this morning. Most frustrating.
Any advice, very welcome. Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
This is most bizarre as I am experiencing the same behavior....litterally overnight. This has to be something outside the realm of AutoCAD. A Windows update or AV push.
I will continue to look into this and report back.
I'd wager pretty much anything that I didn't somehow accidentally type in the word "pickfirst" and change the variable two nights ago. But it had in fact been changed, and it affected both my ability to edit blocks, and to set origin points for a hatch. Probably had further reaching alterations that I simply hadn't noticed yet.
But anyway, what fixed it for me: type in "pickfirst", and then set the variable number to 1. #1 means pickfirst is on. #0 sets it to off. If it's off, you won't be able to click on something and then expect something else to happen, you'd have to give it the command prior to selecting the object.
Anyway, that one stupid thing made my morning quite frustrating yesterday, and such a relief in the afternoon.
Hope that does it for you as well.
This varialbe has been known to change after crashes and Windows upates. Registry cleaners have also been known to mess with this variable.