AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank message box when closing Autocad Architecture 2012

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JDM1
1232 Views, 7 Replies

Blank message box when closing Autocad Architecture 2012

I have a Dell Precicion T3500 Work Station

Intel Xeon CPU W3530 2.80GHz

12.0 GB memory

Windows 7 64 bit Operating System

I have Autocad Architecture 2012 installed and

My problem is this blank message box pops up 2 times after Autocad closes (see attached)

This just started hapening this week. I tried repairing the installation with no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: JDM1

Did you by chance install and try 2013 as a trial (or beta testing) on the same PC?

Message 3 of 8
JDM1
in reply to: pendean

yes i just installed Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2013 but that does not have Autocad Architecture 2013

I have not recieved that update yet. We have a subscription for both

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Seems to be a common theme with folks installing 2013 products but still using 2012/2011 versions: I've not seen a fix yet.

Message 5 of 8
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: pendean

It took a reinstall of 2012 to fix the problem for me.  Note that I wouldn't have reinstalled just because of this, since it was harmless.  There were other issues concerning the project navigator that needed fixing after installing 2013.  Oddly reinstalling 2012 fixed the problem of the blank messages when closing 2011 also.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 6 of 8
MarySeufert

Check out this post. Peter's explanation seems very plausible...

I've been getting this useless error with my 2012 products from the get go. Fresh system, no previous versions installed, and no 2013 products have been installed.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 7 of 8
JDM1
in reply to: MarySeufert

Hi Mary,

I tried to repar the installation but that did not work so I did what John suggested and reinstalled 2012 and that worked good luck.

James

Message 8 of 8
jbednarz

Seriously? The only fix for this is reinstalling?!?! I have a brand new computer with a fresh install of both BDSP 2012 and 2013 that I spent a lot of time configuring for a user and customizing to match their old computer and I get the blank dialog boxes. Now I have to reinstall?!

That is absurd! I am so getting fed up with Autodesk's buggy software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost