AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Mask for text will not print

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
whitneysarchitect1
2008 Views, 6 Replies

Background Mask for text will not print

I can apply a background mask to text objects to hide objects in the background, but when I try to print the background mask doesn't work. I guess it's probably a print setting that controls this. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Are you merging pens? That will defeat a wipeout, and most likely a background mask.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7

Not intentionally. What is "merging pens"? I didn't use the wipeout command. I used the background mask option in the Text Formatting toolbar. I'm not really familiar with WIPEOUT, but I think it's different. I did a wipeout box on another part of the drawing as a test and it seems to work fine when printing, but the background mask doesn't.
Message 4 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: whitneysarchitect1

from Plot dialog: Plotter Property/ Device and Document Settings tab/ Graphics/ Merge Contrl
Message 5 of 7

Hey that did the trick! Thank you both. Never in a million years would I have figured that one out on my own. Now if I can convince our CAD manager to make that change to our office's PMP files.
Message 6 of 7

The CAD manager is worried that if we select "Lines Overwrite" we will have problems with grayscale lines and grayscale hatch covering up black linework. Is there a way to automatically send the hatch to the background?
Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: whitneysarchitect1

I usually just Quick Select all the hatches and send them to the background. I also use Express Tools/ Modify/ DrawOrder By Color to arrange order of linework. Both are not automatic so someone may have a better idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost